Dynamics 365 is the ERP solution for enterprises that provides rich functionality across five focus industries, along with comprehensive, core ERP functionality for financial, human resources and operations management. It empowers and helps people to anticipate and embrace change so the business can thrive. Packaged in a single, easily deployed, scalable global solution, Dynamics 365 helps businesses deliver rapid time to value.
Dynamics 365 provides an integrated ERP solution that meets the unique needs of a large community of organizations. However, often the requirements of an organization are contingent on both specific needs of their vertical as well as requirements unique to the company. Dynamics 365 is focused on fulfilling the needs of companies across five industries:
- Manufacturers: Dynamics 365 offers a single, unified solution that includes the ability to run discrete, process, and lean manufacturing all at once.
- Distributors: Dynamics 365 offers key capabilities such as supply chain management and multisite to allow scaling the business quickly.
- Retailers: Dynamics 365 offers a single solution for store operations and back-office ERP, including the capabilities as Point-of-sale, Multichannel management, Store operations, Merchandising.
- Services Organizations: Dynamics 365 offers key capabilities such as Project management and accounting, Project budgeting and cost control, Employee self-service, Client relationship management.
- Public Sector Organizations: Dynamics 365 offers Public Sector organizations key capabilities including client (constituent) relationship management and financial management.
With these industry capabilities included in a single architecture, customers can evolve their business model and optimize their supply chain as desired.
Dynamics 365 supports the global presence of organisations by providing localizations, multi-language, multi-currency, multi-time zones, shared service functions and automated intercompany trading in a single-instance deployment. Dynamics 365 users can work in the language that fits their needs and work with partners when there is a need to exchange business documents in the language of the partners.
Dynamics 365 is not just the newest release of a Microsoft’s topline ERP products. It is, in fact, a generational shift in business software, delivering new levels of capability, unmatched agility, and a compelling and empowering user experience. At the same time, Dynamics 365 sets a new standard for simplicity.
A powerful foundation that is purpose-built for five industries: manufacturing, distribution, retail, services, and the public sector, along with comprehensive, core ERP functionality for financial, human resources and operations management. All packaged in a single global solution thus giving customers a rapid return on their investment.
Agility through a set of unified natural models that serve as a library of business processes reflecting real-world situations. This enables customers to easily modify their organisations and processes to meet their changing business needs.
Simplicity through an easy-to-use solution, offering access to information that is relevant to the work at hand. The familiar Microsoft Office user interface drives adoption and the enhanced business intelligence (BI) capabilities help customers uncover fresh insights that can lead to faster and more informed decision making. Pre-build interoperability with the Microsoft application stack, enables users to access and refresh data in Dynamics 365 without leaving Excel or Word.
One of the most anticipated capabilities is the Advanced Warehouse and Transportation Management. Some of the content used to streamline distribution and warehouse operations includes:
- Enhanced inventory control: includes various inventory control improvements through 360 inventory visibility, real-time cycle counting and replenishment.
- Embedded radio frequency: provides real-time transaction processing through mobile devices including receiving, putting away, picking, staging and loading.
- Improved warehouse operations: improves efficiency of inbound and outbound processes with flexible warehouse process support including ASN-receiving, advanced put-away rules, EDI-support, flexible picking strategies, and wave/load planning.
- Rate, route and load planning: provides inbound and outbound planning, order consolidation, routing guides, constraints-based routing, load build capacity calculations, multi-mode planning, and methods to select a rate for specific loads based on the carrier’s rate profile.
- Freight reconciliation: allows you to match system generated freight bills with invoices received from carriers.
Other capabilities expected in Dynamics 365 includes e-procurement, Demand Forecasting, Budget Planning enhancements, Promotion and incentive management, Project Management enhancements, Call Center, Retail Kitting, Retail POS and webshop enhancements, Retail sales App.