Vendor Invoice AUTOMATION
Processing of AP invoices are often a time-consuming and error-filled process, particularly when handled manually without system support. That is most likely why the marketplace is stuffed with systems to handle AP Invoices with OCR scanning, workflows, etc. Many of these are either born with a generic interface to ERP systems in General, and some even come with standard interface for Dynamics 365 or directly as an ISV solution for Dynamics 365.
However, Dynamics 365 comes with a standard AP Invoice Workflow to automate and support processing of AP Invoices. It is definitely SCALES' proposal as the starting point for evaluating opportunities to support the AP Invoice process.
AP Invoices processing
With the standard solution for processing AP invoices you do not rely on any third party vendor, you do not have to invest in additional licenses with yearly maintenance and release cycles, which potentially diverges from Microsoft’s. Microsoft supports and develops the solution further and has in the Dynamics 365 release shown that they invest in this solution in the future.
Success: An integrated and standard solution for AP Invoices processing
SCALES believes that one effective pathway for obtaining outstanding results is to implement an integrated and standard solution that effectively ties together all the functionalities in scope, e.g. Updating PO’s, perform matching using different principles, handling invoices related to projects, performing Budget Control Checks etc.
At SCALES, we believe heartfelt on exploitation of default behavior when it is in any way possible and makes sense. In the given situation for handling AP Invoices, it definitely makes sense to use standard instead of implementing third party solutions. Default Dynamics 365 contains a solution for handling AP Invoices effectively tied to all functionalities and entities within Dynamics 365.
- Split amounts to ledger accounts and dimensions.
- Split invoices to one or more legal entities.
- View a digital copy of the AP invoice throughout the entire process and in relevant forms in Dynamics 365 (General Ledger, AP, etc.).
- Possible to approve through Dynamics 365 or the standard Mobile Approval app along with other approvals (Timesheets, expenses, budget revisions, etc.).
- Based on standard Dynamics 365 workflow frameworks that are easily configurable to fit any number of different workflows and approval scenarios.
- Automatic PO and Packing slip matching.
- Automatic posting after successful working through the workflow processes and items. Thus, only focusing on exceptions.
- Full transparency to approval log and history.
- Similarity in user interface and ways of configuring and using the system.
- No additional license cost for modules and functionality.
- Streamlines infrastructure and maintenance.
- Easier support as the functionality is based on standard Dynamics 365 components.